Pages

Saturday, February 12

Dressing down the dress! Firstly, please excuse me er, pursing(?!) my lips in this picture, I appear to have been a very angry person that morning. Oh dear.

This is how I plan to wear the dress I made in a more casual style - paired with a button up blouse beneath, and my staple docs. I am in love with making my own more formal workwear at the minute (my list of sewing projects grows a bit too quickly perhaps!) - it's great to have items of tailoring that can work during the day that aren't just generic black trousers.

Dress, handmade (from a £4 piece of fabric and reusing an old pattern)
Belt, old vintage stock, £free
Badge, traded with the lovely Donna (who makes the most beautiful purses, photo frames and hair ties ever, seriously!) over on ThriftstoreUK. It has a lion on it!
Tights, M&S
Docs, gifted

1 comment:

  1. You have some serious sewing skills that I'm very jealous of. I love this dress, and love it with the belt, white blouse and black tights. I'd love to be able to make some of my own work wear and not have to rely on clothing retailers.

    For the record, I think smiling can be overrated. I don't expect to see people smiling all the time in photographs, and don't always feel like smiling in them myself. If you're not feeling it, don't do it. Just be real.

    ReplyDelete