Pages

Tuesday, June 26



I have been buying a few things lately, trying to fill the gaps in my wardrobe. I’m an impulse shopper, which sometimes works in my favour and sometimes doesn’t, but the main down side of this is that I don’t tend to seek out particular items. As a result I often find that I lack something as simple as a pair of blue jeans! I had my Beth Ditto skinnies, but they got a bit tight, so have now been sold on (though I finally found a pair on eBay in a size larger! Hurrah!). They were the perfect jeans – tight, well fitted with minimal stretching out over time – and unfortunately, rather impossible to find again. However, this pair are definitely a close second.

I got them from Forever 21’s plus size range (you can still find them on site here). They’re a lightweight medium blue jean in a size 20 (American sizing I think – their 20 is much more like a UK 24). Forever 21 skinnies are great for me – they are actually tight, and I find that the 20 is just big enough to be comfortable without losing shape. The lightweight material for these is wonderful in hot weather, and the length is perfect for me (at 5’9” I often find regular fit jeans slightly too short). They’re breathable, comfortable and nice dressed up or down.

Actually, everything here is new! I got the blouse just yesterday in the Dorothy Perkins sale (it’s still available here). It’s got a nice button up back and subtle peplum. The print is of hummingbirds, and I love the soft blush colour. The material could be better – it’s man made and not great in the warm weather, though thankfully my part of the world isn’t often blessed with sun!

The shoes, finally, are one of my favourite recent purchases. They’re Crocs (yeah, I know, what?!)! I’m not a Crocs person, and you would never catch me in their more traditional styles, but they actually have some cute styles right now. These are leopard print, peep toe flats, and they are seriously the most comfortable shoes ever. I love leopard print as a pattern, it seems to co-ordinate with everything (it’s almost a neutral), and I’ve been after a pair of flats in it for ages. These have a nice slightly metallic sheen to them. They RRP for I think £35, but I managed to find them on Amazon for slightly cheaper, shaving a further 20% a discount code by signing up to their newsletter, taking them to £22.00 total. 




My hair is almost long enough to tie up now, so I’ve been pinning it back messily lots. Today I went with a quiff and two small side buns:



Details:
Blouse, Dorothy Perkins, £15
Jeans, Forever 21 +, £18
Shoes, Crocs, £22 (via amazon and a discount voucher)

No comments:

Post a Comment