Pages

Wednesday, May 4

This was worn for a Sunday morning spent car booting with my other half. I went to Brighton Antiques Market and Car Boot Sale and bought some amazing bits including a monstrous 70s maxi (£1), a green wool hat (50p), some records and a rather amazing gauze summer hat (£5, but I fell in love and my bargain hunting head was quieted. Perfect for Big Beach Bums!). I got very sunburnt, and sadly still feeling it, oh dear.

I always make mistakes when dressing for a car boot, and today was no exception. The dress flapped about everywhere and I think half of Brighton saw my underwear! More than slightly frustrating, though I hope I've learnt my lesson and will stick to my trusty shorts in the future.

Dress, New Look via ThriftstoreUK (on livejournal), £12
Cardigan, Dorothy Perkins via ThriftstoreUK, £6
Bag, gifted by the lovely Caroline
Shoes, New Look, £22
Belt, Dorothy Perkins, £5

3 comments:

  1. So nice Kirsty, you wear the bird dress so well.. I sympathise with the flashing underwear though.. everytime I wear mine it does that to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have the link for Thriftstore? I've been hunting high and low for that bird print dress (slight obsession!). You look lovely, even if you did flash your pants! I usually wear comfort shorts to help not only with chub rub but to ward of the world seeing my granny knickers!!

    I think Rebecca & I plan to join you on 29 May for some car booting action so I'll wear trousers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Mel! I should know better really - gigantic pants next time I think!

    Monkey, that's super exciting! I was hoping a few people would be around on the Sunday to come rummaging with me :) and yes, definitely wear something that doesn't fly everywhere - car boots by the sea = super windy, haha. OH and thriftstore is here: http://thriftstoreuk.livejournal.com/profile/ and also I'd recommend perfect twenty which is a plus sized sister comm - http://perfect-twenty.livejournal.com/profile/ - my favourite livejournal bargain hunting grounds! :)

    ReplyDelete