Monday, December 6

Rargh, sorry for the lack of posts this week. As all other UK types will know, there's been snow mania this week. Quite frankly, this and chronic insomnia, as well as about 9 hours spent travelling on what should have been a 4.5 hour journey to Leeds last weekend to see my boyfriend, has meant outfits have not really been on my mind!


Here's one very bright winter outfit for you. I bought this hand knitted poncho at Otley car boot sale over the summer for 50p! It's quite simply the most garish and wonderful thing in the world and I wish I wore it more.

Rundown:
Poncho: 50p, car boot sale
Long sleeved top, £3, Dorothy Perkins
Bandage skirt, £10, Evans via ThriftstoreUK
Boots, £25, Deichmann.

Otherwise this weekend I avoided ever having to leave my boyfriend's flat. Basically, we cooked and played scrabble for a very long time. It was the restful weekend I've needed in a long time. Here's some food for you:

Pork belly with honey crackling, sprouts and cabbage cooked in bacon and butter and the creamiest mash ever. Oh, and home made bramley apple sauce! Mmmmm...


Syrup sponge pudding with rum flambeed pineapple, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. I can't even describe how weak at the knees this picture is making me, ha. Mmmmmm, flambe.

And this is how serious I look when reading Scrabble rules. Mmmm, scrabble.

Also, I am getting seriously overexcited thinking about the UK blogger meet that Lauren from Pocket Rocket is organising! Find out about it here. I'll definitely be there in my most garish ensemble and my most awkward social manners xx

4 comments:

  1. That poncho is wonderful! Not enough people look garish in the colder months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm new to your blog and I absolutely love it! That poncho *is* the most garish and wonderful ponch in the galaxy.. now to find me some flambeed pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poncho is the best item of clothing in the universe. I may just need to learn to crochet simply so I can make one for myself. Awesome awesome awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I'm glad the monstrous wonderment that is this poncho is appreciated by other people than me ;)

    ReplyDelete