Pages

Thursday, August 5


I like the idea of heading back into high goth fashion for the autumn. I'm loving the idea of mixed textures in an outfit, particularly fake fur capes, lace, ripped knits and fishnets. This was a set I made last autumn on polyvore attempting a more glam look. I love cream and black worn together, and if I can thrift a nice fur cape or feathered cape I will be happy for a good while. This is a sophisticated way to work with the 90s trend of the moment also - crushed velvet, ripped/baggy grungy knits and tops, as well as underwear as outerwear - all of these would work fantastically worn in an outfit of clashing textures.

Further style inspiration comes from the lovely ladies at Kingdom of Style, particularly the velvet/feathered combination shown here: http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk/my_weblog/2010/08/sale-studs.html and the bandage leggings here: http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk/my_weblog/2010/07/strapped-and-wrapped.html I am just dying to find plus size options of. Suggestions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment