Pages

Wednesday, March 9

Today was another day at work, spent transferring magnetic tapes and geeking over audio software. I broke out the smock that started my love for reclaiming the unfitted dress. Despite all the most horrific applications of muu muus and smocks as items of clothing to disguise and make invisible a fatter body, I have come to really love them as part of my more 60s/uniform moments. This beaut was found at a costume sale at Bradford Playhouse last summer, and is definitely a staple dress for daywear.

Dress, Bradford Playhouse costume sale, £5
Shirt, vintage via eBay, £6
Tights, M&S
Loafers, vintage, £17

Also worth mentioning is this awesome Groupon voucher to get £20 worth of ASOS credit for £9. I had a £8 credit code for not having bought anything, so managed to score it for £1! It's apparently not valid on sale stuff, but will inevitably bring full price stuff down to a reasonable price for me. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit on you. Very sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit so so much!!
    I, too, am overweight and am always apprehensive to post photos of my outfits on here because I grew up thin and it's all still new to me, but blogs like this inspire me so much and make me feel good about being curvy and a fashionista!!

    ♥Deirdre

    http://girl-from-bostonia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. tres sympa comme tenue j aime bcp ;O)

    ReplyDelete