Pages

Tuesday, August 31

Review: Clothing at Tesco

So my order from tesco emerged at last, and I thought I'd try a few bits on so I could review them for others. It was a bit of a mixed bag really, fit wise, and quality wise - I was impressed with some bits but then some ended up straight in the return pile.

This was the spot print playsuit, which with a 25% off code, cost me £6.00. This was definitely a small fitting 22 and very tight with little room for boobs (I'm only a B cup and barely fit into the cups!. For fear of unsightly camel toe action, I decided this one was heading back. I think tailored rompers may well not be for me given my gangly-ness.

Wolf jumper, £6.00 with 25% discount code. This is supposed to be a dress?! I'm debating this one, as I had hopes for it as a casual winter jumper dress. Whilst it still could work over leggings and boots with a nice blazer, it's definitely not a dress...

Gathered jumper, £3.75, and silk skirt £9.37 with discount. Both hits I think - the jumpers are comfortable and practical, and the skirt is a great piece for colour clashing. Plus, pockets!


Floral shift dress, £5.25. This is a definite keeper, and a definite contender for first day outfit with this short sleeved jacket I scored in a dorothy perkins sale a while back for £7.

Orange linen peplum dress, £6. This is fantastic! Really tailored and fits me like a glove. I am just pondering how to dress it up before I decide definitely (suggestions?).

Dogtooth jersey pencil skirt, £5.62. This is exactly what I was hoping for when I ordered - stretchy, comfortable and still professional looking. The perfect skirt to chuck on during a dark winter morning when I'm not yet ready to surface.

Winter coat, £16.50! I feel this was definitely the most bargainous item - it's comfortable with good room for bulky jumpers beneath. Whilst I reckon the buttons will need resewing on to make them more sturdy, it's definitely worth at least what I paid, and I reckon will stop the excessive spending a winter coat normally requires.

I didn't photograph two items for sheer decency reasons! The velvet body and the lace body - both of which were too short for my frame. It's sad times because I've been on the hunt for both for a good while. However, they were both generously stretchy so worth considering if you're a shorter size 22/24-ish.

11 comments:

  1. Styling for the Orange linen peplum dress... I think it would look fantastic with some patterned tights & booties! Maybe even a blazer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes, I can see that! Patterned tights are a wonderful idea, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bloody love Tesco clothes!
    i have the peplum dress in black (http://fathena.tumblr.com/post/777057347/shoulders) i was thinking of jazzing up the shoulders, but i'm a bit wary of ruining it!
    you look lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely fantastic, particularly the final four photos! I just discovered your blog through a recommendation from a friend of mine, and I've really enjoyed reading through your posts. I hope you keep this blog going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. colourlesshero - embellished shoulders sound amazing for the black, I was considering going for that too but decided that I have far too many black dresses as it is :) but it looks amazing on you! and I'm following your blog now also...

    ricedreamgirl - thank you! I hope I manage to keep it going too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peplum dress and the coat are both dreamy.
    I love that you took pictures of both the keepers and the returners, too! I am LOVING your blog and your style, you're definitely a new entry on my list of fashion heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the red jumper and the coat are fabolous! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  8. this velvet body i want one! how much was it? im like a size 20 but i like things to be comfy and im 5.2 so its probably the right length for me :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. rose, it's here: http://www.clothingattesco.com/womenswear/F+F-Velvet-Body-suit/invt/jw014250?htxt=zpI4VxFCTAmitDvhZW60h3trzEj1vrrPKydVYoutNn1sPBcOkO4WifypZeC7Z6SDbwF13L10hmqq%0AxrCXxWTwww%3D%3D

    it's £7.50, but I googled for tesco discount codes and found lots of 25% off codes, so can be made even cheaper than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Decent post. I was checking continually this website and I'm awed! Greatly valuable data exceptionally the last part I nurture such data a considerable measure. I was looking for this sure information for quite a while. Much obliged to you and good fortunes. nighty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    Bridesmaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete