Sunday, April 22


This is my latest craft project. I've been meaning to tackle a shift dress for a good while (given that it's pretty much my favourite dress shape), and when I found the pattern for this in The Colette Sewing Handbook (FYI, the book's patterns are for US sizes 0-18), I thought it would be a good project. I made it in a lightweight cotton lawn, and lined the bodice with a sturdy cotton blend lining fabric. It's the first time I've fitted a lining and I'm chuffed with the outcome. Here's a close up of the main material:  

I bought it from a fabric stall in Leeds market for £5 pm. The total cost of the dress was about £20 - more than I'd normally spend, mainly because I shopped specifically for the materials for the dress (normally I just hover around the bargain bins/rails picking up what I can here and there for future projects). 

Here's how I dressed it for a day temping:


Cardigan, clothes swap
Dress, handmade
Belt, old vintage stock
Tights, M&S
Brogues, Primark, £6

2 comments:

  1. Kirsty that is an amazing dress! You are SO clever.

    ReplyDelete